To configure SAML SSO with any Identity Provider:
- Enable SAML SSO in Coda
- Configure SAML SSO in your Identity Provider
- Configure SAML SSO in Coda
Enable SAML SSO in Coda
1. Open your Organization Admin Console by selecting Organization Settings under the ... menu below your workspace.
2. Ensure Authenticate with SSO is enabled
3. Click Configure SAML and note the Settings for Identity Provider at the top.
Configure SAML SSO in your Identity Provider
These instructions are generic; please refer to your Identity Provider's documentation for how to accomplish these steps, or reach out to Coda for assistance.
- Create a new application in your Identity Provider administration console and enable SAML SSO.
- Copy the SAML Response URL from Coda into the appropriate location in your Identity Provider setup.
- If the Audience Restriction field is available in your application, copy the Entity ID from Coda into that field.
- Ensure your application passes user identity to Coda in "email" format; that is, your Identity Provider is sending email-address like user identities to Coda.
- Update your application to pass each user's first name and last name into Coda using parameters named "FirstName" and "LastName".
- Save your application and note the resulting Identity Provider Single Sign on URL, Identity Provider Issuer, and X.509 Signing Certificate.
- Depending on your Identity Provider, you may need to assign users or groups to this new application.
Configure SAML SSO in Coda
- On Coda's Configure SAML page, copy the Identity Provider Single Sign on URL, Identity Provider Issuer, and X.509 Signing Certificate fields from your Identity Provider into Coda, then click Save.