SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) is a set of protocols that allow a third-party Identity Provider to manage users inside Coda for your organization.
This enables your Identity Provider to automatically provision and deprovision users in Coda, based on their roles and application assignments within your Identity Provider.
To configure SCIM with any Identity Provider, we'll need to first enable SCIM in Coda, and then configure SCIM in your Identity Provider.
Enable SCIM in Coda
- Open your Organization Admin Console by selecting Organization Settings under the ... menu below your workspace.
- Ensure Provision with SCIM is enabled.
- Note the SCIM Base URL and SCIM Bearer Token. If there is no Bearer Token, click Generate New Token.
Configure SCIM in your Identity Provider
These instructions are generic; please refer to your Identity Provider's documentation for how to accomplish these steps, or reach out to Coda for assistance.
- Create a new application in your Identity Provider administration console and enable SCIM.
- Copy the SCIM Base URL from Coda into the appropriate location in your Identity Provider setup.
- Copy the SCIM Bearer Token from Coda into the appropriate location in your Identity Provider setup. Note that your Identity Provider may require the word Bearer before the token (e.g. Bearer 12345678-abcd-9012-abfe-345678901234).
- Ensure your application passes user identity to Coda in "email" format; that is, your Identity Provider is sending email-address like user identities to Coda.