To build and customize a form, access the ‘Form Options’ menu by either typing
/form to create a new form, or by hovering to expose the ‘Options’ menu, and then clicking ‘More’ (next to the Calendar view option) and selecting ‘Form.’
From the ‘Form Options’ Menu, you select ‘Layout’ to open the editing mode for your form. From the Layout Menu, you can take several actions for various components of your form.
Update your form’s title, add a description, and add a cover photo by clicking on the options at the top of your form in the main panel.
Questions & layout
Click on any column “block” to update it.
- Change the column name to update the name of the column in the results table
- Add a unique question to show people who fill-out your form a different prompt than the column name. For example, if your table has a column called “Discussion Topics,” you could add a long name so that people who fill-out your form see the question as, “What would you like to discuss?” (If you do not add a long name, the question will display as the column name by default)
- Add a description or help text for the question
- Click in the upper right corner of the column block to change the column type. For example, you could change a text column to a select list to display the input options as radio buttons or a drop-down in the form.
- From the column type menu, you can also open the column options menu, or choose style options and visual formatting (like text alignment and label placement) for some question types
- When you click the icon in the upper right corner of the column block, you can also set a question as required.
- “Grab” the toggle handle on the left of any column block to drag it to a new location in the form and to customize your layout
Learn more about settings and different column-type behaviors in this set of FAQs about Forms.
Form settings & Publishing
From the layout options panel, you can publish your form (more on this feature below), adjust privacy settings, rearrange and edit columns and their visibility, add new columns, and manage confirmation settings.
If you begin creating your form as a table, your table will collect the results from your form. If you began a form by typing
/form, you’ll be able to see a version of your form in your doc, and a results table will automatically be added below that form.