With the launch of published docs, you now can create your Coda maker profile. This will be the hub where your followers, friends, and others can find your published docs:
Creating your maker profile
You'll create your maker profile before you publish your first doc. To create your maker profile:
- Click the "Share" button in upper righthand corner of your screen in any doc.
- Click on the "Publish" tab.
- If it's the first time you're publishing a doc, you'll have the option to customize your URL. If you'd like to change the default, do so here.
- When you're ready, click "Create profile." Proceed with care here - while you can update your maker profile name in the future, changing it will break any links to previously shared published docs.
Here's a gif of what that looks like:
Once you click "Create profile," you'll be able to see your maker profile at coda.io/@(yourusername).
Why can't I select the username I want for my maker profile?
Coda usernames are claimed on a first-come, first-served basis, and a single Coda user (i.e. set of login credentials) may only have one username. Barring legal need or otherwise severe circumstances, usernames may not be changed once confirmed.
There are a few restrictions on what you can claim as a username:
- Usernames must have a minimum of three 3 characters, and some special characters (!, %, and others) may not be supported.
- Usernames must not contain hate speech nor be generated with the intent to abuse, harass or libel.
- Usernames must respect known and registered trademarks.
If you are unable to select the username you want, it has already been claimed or does meet the criteria above. If you own a trademarked brand name and would like to claim it on behalf of your company, please contact us!
Can I change my maker profile username?
Yes! You can change your maker profile username by going to coda.io/@[yourusername], clicking "Edit profile," and selecting a new URL:
Note that links to your published doc with your former username will not automatically redirect to the new URL constructed from your new username.
For example: if you change your username from @abc to @xyz, a doc previously at the URL coda.io/@abc/sampledoc will now be hosted at coda.io/@xyz/sampledoc. Visitors to coda.io/@abc/sampledoc will see an error message after your username update, so you'll want to update any locations with that link to the new URL of coda.io/@xyz/sampledoc.
How can I update my maker profile page with a description or URL?
Once you have a maker profile, you can edit it by going to your URL and clicking "edit profile" at the top of the page. Then you'll see the option to add or edit a bio, add your preferred pronouns, add a Twitter handle, a LinkedIn URL, a role, and an employer.
How can I change my maker profile avatar?
The avatar for your maker profile is pulled from the Google account you use to log in to Coda. To update your maker profile avatar, you'll need to update the profile photo associated with that account. We're hoping to change this in the future!