Inside this article
- Is there a limit on size or number of how many images I can upload?
- What image formats are supported?
- Can I attach other file types?
- Can I upload images in mobile?
- What's the difference between an Image URL format and an Image format?
About image upload
Tables in Coda can render images from a URL, and you can also upload images to cells without a URL. The Image URL format is great for images that change over time that you want to keep up to date when they change.
You'll use the upload image option when working with a static set of images as well.
Start by setting your column format to the Image column format. For more information on how to set this read the Overview of Column Formats article.
Then, you'll have a few ways to add an image:
- When you hover over a cell, you will see a plus button appear. Click the button to browse for and select images to upload from your computer.
- For faster upload simply drag any image or set of images from your desktop directly into a cell in the Image formatted column. You will see each image appear as it uploads.
- When navigating images there is an upload button in the top left of the viewer. Click the button to launch the browse and select experience.
Uploading images from your mobile device
If you have an Image column in your Coda doc, you'll see a plus button on your mobile device where you can take a photo or select from your photo library:
Navigating uploaded images
When you have images uploaded to a cell, you can click directly into the cell to open the image viewer. In the image viewer there is a carousel of the uploaded images on the bottom. Use your keyboard left and right arrows or mouse to quickly scroll through each image. Click any expanded image to zoom in further.
Settings for uploaded images
As with other column formats there are a list of options that you can set to view your images in custom ways. These settings apply to all the images in your column.
- Size: small, medium, large, extra large
- Shape: square, oval, original
There are few ways to remove images:
- Select the image you would like to delete in the cell and hit the delete button on your keyboard.
- Open the image from the cell into the image viewer. Select the image and click delete in the upper left.
- Deleting a row that contains images will delete the respective images as well.
You can always go back to version history to find any deleted images in case you need to find them again or someone else deletes them.
Is there a limit on size or number of how many images I can upload?
You can upload as many images as you like, and each image can be up to 10MB in size.
What image formats are supported?
You'll be able to upload .jpg, .png, and .gif files.
Can I attach other file types?
Not yet, but this is definitely on the roadmap.
Can I upload images in mobile?
Yes! You'll see a plus sign that allows you to add images directly from your photo library or to take a new photo.
What's the difference between an Image URL format and an Image format?
You'll use the Image URL option for images that will be changing frequently since the URL will always direct the most recent version. You'll use the Image format for static images.
Can I directly attach an image from Google Drive?
Unfortunately we don't support direct attachment of images from Google Drive. The easiest way to get your image in is to download it locally and then select the file it using the add image button via. the plus menu. Alternatively you could use copy-paste.