In addition to the docs you work with every day, you also need to meet online with your co-workers and customers. The Zoom pack allows you to bring Coda and Zoom together to streamline your workflow. If you’re new to Packs, you can learn more about them here.
1. Click the Explore menu in the upper right of Coda and choose Packs
2. Search for Zoom choose the "Packs" option (not "Packs Tables")
3. Click Sign in to install and sign in using your Zoom account
4. Choose which type of view permissions you'd like your doc to have:
- You'll choose Nobody if you only want to use your Zoom account to create new meetings.
- You'll choose You and anyone this doc is shared with if you would like to be able to pull in a table of your Zoom data, or use Zoom column formats in your existing tables.
5. Choose the type of action permissions you'd like your doc to have:
- You'll choose Nobody if you don't want the doc to take actions in Zoom
- You'll choose Only you if you want every person to use their own Zoom accounts for creating new meetings
- You'll choose Anyone this doc is shared with if all users can use your Zoom account to create new meetings
The Zoom pack supports synchronizing information in your doc about recordings and tables, and scheduling meetings via a button or automation. Extended scenarios are also possible with webinars allowing you to retrieve information about your scheduled webinars and the attendees.
Creating a new meeting via a button
To add a Zoom meeting via a button, take the following steps:
- On a new line on the page, type /button and click “New button.”
- Under Action select Zoom → CreateMeeting.
- Pick the account to use for this action. If you've allowed shared accounts to take actions, you'll see shared accounts here. If you've opted to require each doc user to add their own account, you can use "User's Private Account." To add a new account, select "Set up another account."
- Set the meeting topic and optional fields for start, end, agenda, and password.
Synchronizing Meetings or Recordings
You can also create a new table that synchronizes all scheduled meetings:
- On a new line on the page, type /zoom and click Zoom under the heading Pack Tables.
- Select the type of data you’d like to sync - either MyMeetings or MyRecordings.
- Click on Choose what to sync and customize your sync settings. You can choose the date range, and sync policies (frequency and size limit).
- Finally click on Sync now to kick things off.
Advanced scenarios are also possible formulas for Webinars and Meetings. You can retrieve information about Meetings or Webinars given their link or id. Given a webinar instanceId you can also retrieve information about the attendees (registrants) for the webinar. See the formulas
Zoom::WebinarRegistrants for more details.
How do I uninstall the Zoom pack?
There are three ways to uninstall the Zoom pack from Coda:
Via the Zoom Marketplace
This will remove your Zoom credentials from all Coda docs and prevent further use.
- Login to the marketplace at https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/installed.
- Click the Coda App.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- This will remove the app from the Zoom Marketplace and remove the Zoom pack from all documents.
Via your Coda account settings
This removes the specific Zoom credential from all Coda docs.
- Login to https://coda.io/account.
- Scroll down the the section ACCOUNTS CONNECTED TO PACKS.
- Select Zoom and expand the account you would like to remove.
- Click on Remove this account. This will remove the Zoom pack from all documents.
Via the in-doc Packs menu
The Zoom Pack can also be removed from a specific doc by navigating to the Zoom pack settings.
- Click the Explore menu in the upper right of Coda and choose Packs
- Enter Zoom in the search box and choose Zoom
- Click on the vertical dot menu
- Select Remove Pack to remove it from the document.
How can I get support with using the Zoom pack?
Coda has three main support channels. Feel free to contact us if you have questions!