If you've been with us for a bit, we want to make sure you know how to transition to the brand new Coda experience. This guide will walk you through the process and key decisions you'll need to make.
Step 1 - Who do you collaborate with?
Since Coda is inherently collaborative, you'll want to think about who you work with first. Ask yourself the following questions:
The good news is that you'll only pay for the Doc Makers in your system, and each doc only has one. You'll be able to have as many Viewers and Editors as your heart desires.
Step 2 - What type of docs do you have?
Now that you know the people you'll work with, it's time to take a look at your docs. Coda has a robust free option, and if you have smaller docs you'll be able to stay at that level. Here are the questions to ask yourself:
If you're not sure what you'll need, you can always stick with the free option to start. You can always upgrade in the future when you're ready.
Step 3 - Pick your plan
Now that you know who you need to work with, and how big your docs are, it's time to choose your plan.
- Free - If you're working solo as a doc maker on smaller docs.
- Pro - If your docs are a bit larger and you need more automations and packs. This is also a great option if you need priority support.
- Team - If you're working on large docs with multiple people, want to lock docs, and have access to premium Packs
- Enterprise - If you're looking for a solution for your department or company
Step 4 - Set up your workspace
Awesome, you've got your plan! Now you can name your workspace, and choose your settings:
Step 5 - Add your folders
Perfect! Your workspace is all set up for people to join in. You can start adding folders to organize your content. Add as many as you like. Once people join your workspace, they can decide to join folders as well (unless you've chosen to keep the folder private, if you're on a Team or Enterprise plan):
Just a heads up, you'll also automatically have a My Docs personal folder that's just for you.
Step 6 - Move your docs
The last step is to move your current docs into the appropriate folder.
- Click the Select Docs option on your home page to choose the docs you'd like to move.
- Check the boxes next to the docs you'd like to move
- Select Move
- Choose the new destination and confirm you're ready by clicking Move
And that's it! If you ever need help, please get in touch at email@example.com or via help in a doc. We're here to help!